Language visa

You can find information here to make your stay easier. To make you feel at home with us and in Karlsruhe.


Opening hours for visa affairs: Mon-Fri 9 -12 a.m

Apart from EU citizens, almost all non-Germans need a visa for a language trip to Germany. See "Table of countries whose citizens require/do not require visas to enter Germany"for information.

For detailed entry and visa requirements, see the website of the Federal Foreign Office and the website of the German embassy in your country.

One of the prerequisites for obtaining a language visa is confirmation of registration at the eduGLOBAL language school in Karlsruhe. We will send you this certification as soon as we have received your registration and a payment of 100 percent of the course price.

Health insurance

One of the visa conditions is that you have health insurance valid abroad.

If you fall ill or suffer an injury during your stay the health insurance assumes the costs. Find out about health insurance abroad in your country.

eduGLOBAL language school recommends insurance by "Werbah". This company enables you to take out the respective insurance online in 5 languages.


We are happy to organise accommodation for you. According to your wishes, we find you a room in a hotel, in a youth hostel or at Bed and Breakfast Karlsruhe. Here all eduGLOBAL students get 10 % of discount. Check in at Gästehaus Kaiserpassage and you get an discount according to availabiltiy and season. At you could even book a 1-bedroom-appartment for a longer stay.

The eduGLOBAL language school is at the heart of Karlsruhe. If you prefer a quieter location, you can still reach us quickly by public transport.